Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Yarn Along


I've been hanging back a bit lately...not just here, but in life's activities as well. 
Feeling a bit of angst and trying to cope. Not finding the relief i'd hoped, but seeking.
Seeking God, searching my heart, chiseling away fears and layers of scars that I chose to ignore for so long. 

Sweet Rachel recommended "One Thousand Gifts" last week when we spoke, in our usual hurried conversation that we manage to squeeze in once or twice a week, and i'm so thankful that she did. This book is like a soothing tub of old lady Watkins's salve for the wounded spirit. 

I have managed to squeeze out some knitting this week, mostly in the car, but i'll take it anyway I can get it. 
I have Lotte's lovey dovey up to the point where I get to start the bodice, and the ribbing finished on one of the boys' hats. I don't know who's hat it's going to be yet-I'll see which head it fits better and make the next one accordingly.

 I can't wait to see what knitting and reading has kept the rest of you sweet souls busy this week.



Yarning along this week with Ginny.

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling.
    I hope you can find some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, my dear friend! I'm glad you're enjoying the book. Haha, I was about to drop a copy in the mail for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are going to love Ann's book. Have you read her blog
    http://www.aholyexperience.com/ ? I visit there daily and find my soul
    comforted with each visit.
    You might also enjoy reading
    http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Love-Overwhelmed-Relentless-God/dp/1434768511/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346846496&sr=8-1&keywords=Crazy+love , another great book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel like yourself soon. I think I'm going to have to see about that book it sounds like something that would make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((hug)) i hope you find some peace and clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon. Time and sleep, soothes most things I find, or at least helps with perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping that you find the inner peace that you need to get back to yourself.
    I am loving the lovey-dovey pattern that you are knitting. It is so cute...it makes me smile just looking at it.

    Be well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book sounds like just the right thing. I hope you feel yourself again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you can knit in the car? that's great! i always envy people who can use driving time to be productive since it makes me feel motion sick in a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get it! The ups and downs of life are inevitable, even for the blessed.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann's writing has been a real gift to me too :)
    Hope you are feeling better soon. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete