Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Yarning along with Ginny

Millwater Project notes here


Follow Your Arrow KAL notes Here
Gramps Project notes here

I finished up several projects this week. My sister asked for a cowl for a birthday present to give to a friend-I used worsted weight yarn an held it doubled for faster project and altered the pattern slightly because I didn't have much time.

I caught up on last week's clue for the Follow your arrow mystery knit along (I have yet to do this week's on either shawl.) 
I'm sort of rethinking the colours i'm using. I love red and blue together, always, but the way it looks held together is not what I had envisioned. I'm wishing that I had done a two colour shawl for this clue (as in two colours, separately....) I don't want it to come out looking like a tea cozy or a bad afghan. The predicament was that I had two lace weight yarns so I had to hold them together to get the right weight. Had they been the right weight to begin with, I would have used them separately, like a sane person.

 Are the red and blue together awful? Please be honest. I'm not afraid of frogging. I think I could actually call it a hobby.

Also finally finished up my nephew's little Gramp's Sweater. I was really surprised by how well vanna's choice acrylic yarn blocked. I'll probably use it again. (gasp.)


Our reading this week has been "War of the Worlds" and a small study unit on the times it was aired. And of course we had to follow it with the movie. (Both the original cheesy classic AND the new, Tom Cruise scary one. I think I like the first one better. Parenthood has turned me into a first class weiner when it comes to suspenseful movies.
I'm sure that this isn't the last one that i'll be subjected to because they boys loved it and have moved on to "the time machine".
I've been digging deep into more old recipe books, and this new stitch dictionary that I found for 8 bucks while grocery shopping at sam's club of all places.  I can't wait to experiment with it!

Binding off,

Corra


4 comments:

  1. I love the color of the first cowl and the chunkiness. I may just need to make one in Tunisian crochet. I wish I knew what the end result would be to tell you what I think about the red and blue... I don't really wear shawls though, they just end up as giant scarfs on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the gramps sweater is so adorable :) LOVE the elbow patches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The giant cable cowl is beautiful! And I like the red and blue together but would probably prefer them separately - that is in some kind of stripy way. The Jacket is heavenly, how very cute to put sth so classic and 'old fashioned' on a little one! How old is your nephew? Can you get a pic of him wearing it? :-) Lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cowl is gorgeous and so is the yarn! Great job.

    ReplyDelete